We proofread text and content, check editorial style, and edit for a low literacy level, so a much wider-range of people can understand and act appropriately on your content. We help clients put together and define editorial style guides for websites, academic journals and publications, that massively reduces editing time, and problems when collaborating with external editors. You can view our editorial style guide for this website. Our suggestions and advice are based on reading books, journals, good industry practice, information design, plain English and evidence. We offer an intermediate-level text editing and proofreading service, and text that is more widely understood, is consistent and is well‑edited, has more chance of being respected, used, enjoyed and is safer.
Help them to understand
- Standardisation of style for dashes, quotation marks, punctuation used in bullet lists, apostrophes, dumb quotes, numbers, and so on.
- Standardisation of text case (title case or sentence case).
- Plain English editing and rewriting.
- Make improvements to sentence flow and structure.
- Ensuring consistent style for date ranges, measurements, units, time ranges, abbreviations.
- Reformat references and bibliographies in styles like APA (American Psychological Association), Chicago, Harvard, and so on.
- Edit text inline with an editorial style guide.
- Instructional writing, editing and rewriting.
3 results of text editing and proofreading by us
1 Decreased workload for you, and increased professional appearance and credibility.
2 Reduced confusion and cognitive demand for your users, making the textual information more effective.
3 Communication that people will more likely understand, respect and use.
The priceless value of being respected, understood and valued…
We make more of a difference than you think! We would like to know more about your projectContact us