User Design, Illustration and Typesetting ➜ Our self-produced books ➜ The Journey of Larks
The Journey of Larks
The Journey of Larks
User Design, Illustration and Typesetting
2nd edition, 2011
ISBN 13: 978-0-9570712-0-9
Picture book, wordplay and graphic communication shenanigans.
The Journey of Larks is played with language, words, illustration and typographic shenanigans:
- A wince of dentists.
- A lot of used car-dealers.
- A watch of Swiss.
The wit and poetry of this charming collection of collectives, will be gobbled up by anyone who enjoys wordplay and graphic communication.
This book also makes an ideal gift, birthday present or special occasion gesture.
£8 (€9.33, $12.35).
View our list of more than 80 book reviews.
- Merit in the Young Adult Category in the 3×3 Magazine, Children’s Show Competition, Number 9, 2012, New York, U.S.A.
Ways to order
Cash, cheque, credit card, online, telephone or by mail/post.
How to order
- The book can be ordered from any up-to-date bookshop worldwide. If you live in the United Kingdom, you can find your local bookshop via the Hive Bookshop Finder, or if they are a member of the Booksellers Association via the Booksellers Association Bookshop Finder. If you live in the U.S.A., you can find your local bookshop using the Bookshop.org Store Locator.
- The book can be ordered from a Waterstones store, or from their website with worldwide delivery. Waterstone’s is the U.K.’s national highstreet bookshop.
- The book can be ordered online direct from the book’s distributor website Central Books. By post: Central Books, 50 Freshwater Road, Chadwell Heath, London, RM8 1RX, U.K. Mail order department: firstname.lastname@example.org. By phone calling from within the U.K. 020 8525 8800, calling from outside the U.K. 0044 20 8525 8800.
- Cover paper: Olin Smooth cream, 300g/m², Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) approved, from Antalis McNaughton, U.K.
- Inside paper: Olin Recycled (70%), cream, 160g/m², Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) approved, from Antalis McNaughton, U.K.
- Printing: CMP, U.K.
- Binding: squareback/staple bound (but does have the book title on the spine, cleverly done).
- Page size: width 210mm × height 148mm (A5 landscape).
- Colour: greyscale.
- Weight: 86 grams.
- Number of pages: 24.
- Word count: 250.