We offer an excellent journal design service using our expert design, layout and typographic skills and can design academic, medical and scientific journals. We can design a completely new system or redesign your journal improving the overall journal branding, color system and layout. A good grid is essential, along with a highly legible and rigorous typographic system with clearly setup stylesheet. We can ensure typefaces are used that can handle all the characters your most diverse content requires, from symbols to Greek characters. We can also setup a house style for figures (graphs, diagrams, charts) and redraw were necessary, and typeset the journal on a regular basis. We can also help with transferring your journal to print, PDF, or HTML/CSS format.
- Journal branding (logo, colour system, typefaces, layout).
- Typeface selection advice (legibility, character range, on-screen rendering).
- Grid setup.
- Well-built, clean and clearly named stylesheets.
- Table design.
- Setup of house illustration style for figures.
- Hyperlink, navigation, interactive elements.
- Make the journal’s colours work in a greyscale/mono printing environment.
- Tabular lining and decimal point alignment in tabular data.
- Guidance and typesetting support for other suppliers.
- Typesetting of journals on a regular basis.
Branding, journal redesign, page layout, complex typesetting, illustration redrawing.
Available upon request, contact.
2 column layout with complex text, tables and figures. Page size: A4: 210 × 297mm. Pages: variable. Paper: unknown.